Wednesday 6 March 2013

Meeting people from Wales :)


Okay, now I’m going to tell you about the most entertaining night I probably had in my life, so far.
It was in December and I was going to go to a small concert in Deutschlandsberg, where some local bands were playing. I was neither in a good mood, nor excited about the band, because I’ve seen them about a hundred times. Well, nonetheless I went there with Lena and we were hoping for a turning point that would save the night. As we arrived at the venue we encountered some English-speaking people and soon found out that it was a band from Wales, called Continents, that was playing there as well!

 

I immediately got excited about meeting people from another country and this was the turning point for me. After the concert, one of the Welshmen, named Ben, beckoned me over to him and it ended up in a nice chat and we arranged to meet in the bar Macinato after they put their guitars and stuff in the van. So we met at the bar and everybody seemed to have a good time and I even got a proposal from the cutest man on earth, Ben. Haha, we had such a blast! He even bothered about how to make the proposal and took the time to learn it in German :) such a cutie! After celebrating our engagement we decided to drive to a disco. As we went out of the bar and waited for a taxi to come, the people from Wales were sooo excited about the snow in Austria, even if it wasn’t really much! They told us that snow in Wales is rather rare and that it’s snowing once in 2 years, so they were thrilled to bits. I really needed to laugh when I saw that they were taking pictures of the snow and were posting them on Instagram.
At the disco they were dancing really crazy, were enjoying themselves the whole night and filmed everything with their cool GoPro’s. It was just an amazing night that I honestly will never forget! I even stayed in touch with some of them. Of course with Ben, after all he’s my husband ;) and I’m also writing with Tom and Rhys sometimes. 
Besides being the friendliest people I’ve ever met, they are making really good music as well, at least when you like listening to a bit louder music haha. So if you are one of the people that enjoy listening to heavy metal, go check them out! They even released their first album about two weeks ago. Here’s a video of my favourite song from them :)



If you like what you hear like them on Facebook :) http://www.facebook.com/Continentsband

But one thing that I found really impressive is the Welsh city Ben told us. It was so freaking long, it almost took him 10 seconds to pronounce it! Unfortunately I can’t remember it, but hopefully we have Google ;) Alright, it’s almost the longest name of a city in the world and the longest in Europe! There you go: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. That’s a name of a city, believe it or not haha. Here’s the link to the Wikipedia site if you are interested in how it’s pronounced. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyll


Alright then, I think that’s a good way to end a post :)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment